Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 29, 10:05*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/09/2012 17:25, harry wrote:

On Sep 29, 2:48 pm, John Rumm wrote:

Harruy is rather sad really. He knows he boobed badly, but he hasn't the
balls to admit it.

Depends on your perspective... if you wanted a good return[1] on your
capital, then they are a good way of dipping your snout into the subsidy
trough. With interest rates as they currently stand, its a resonable use
of money (so long as you don't need to borrow it). As Harry's own
figures demonstrate, with all the subsidies, its a nice little earner.
Take those away of course *and you reveal the real picture, which
amounts to spending a shed load of money for a feeble return. With the
"hope" that energy prices might rise enough in the lifetime of the
system to eventually break even.

As long as you don't try to kid anyone you are saving the planet *or
ending the energy crisis then its really down to if you are ethically
comfortable with striping up other bill payers.

But all solar panel salesmen are like that.

Indeed, but as a solar salesman you only need to shift product and then
your job is done.

[1] return being somewhat figurative since the actual capital will
depreciate to nothing in the lifetime of the "investment". Still you can
live with that if the income along the way is good enough.

--

You need to get your head out of your arse and you need to see the
news today. *There is to be a steep hike in energy costs this Winter.

Things are changing fast. *Some people are too dopey to see it and do
something about it.

You keep telling us that the price of panels is falling. So what is the
point in buying them now?

When the £100 yours save you per year is worth £500, and the price of a
4kW install is a couple of grand, then we can all jump in without
because it makes sense, and without needing to to be spongers kept
afloat by subsidies pilfered from other people's artificially inflated
energy bills.

So it has.
In the future it will fall more as panels become more efficient, they
will be cheaper to install/need less space per Kw.
But we have to start now. It will take years to make the changeover.
So initially they have to be subsidised to get the ball rolling. The
best place for them is on roofs where they take up no additional
space.
I deserve this money. The government is stealing my money with QE.
I am a trendsetter.
I am taking a chance with the new technology.
You had your chance along with everyone else to do this but you ****
out.
Now stop whinging