Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Winterizing trailers

wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 00:12:49 +0000 (UTC), gregz

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:01:44 -0700, Paul Drahn
wrote:

On 9/29/2012 4:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The camp ground that called me, has 110 volt hook ups to the trailers, and
maybe 220 volt big camper plugs. I doubt I'll find any storage batteries.
Maybe, but who can tell? That's something I will need to check. Thank you.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message

When I acquired my old trailer last year, I was getting familiar with it.
In the spring I took out the battery, which was way beyond end of life. I
did not want o put a new one in. Everything works ok so far. I would figure
many trailers have batteries that really need attention if one expects
useful life. The power supply runs the propane heater, misc. Lights, and
the pump. Without battery.

Greg

If they have break-away switches, they have one or more battery!!!

Paul
Most campground "trailers" today are "park models" and don't run
ANYTHING on 12 volts. There ARE some that uses real "travel trailers"
that do.

Maybe today.

Greg

He's not working on them last year or ten years ago.

I have a 1988 park model hyline. Originally had gas refrigerator. Has 12
volt propane heater, gas water heater, as well as 120 volt 1000 watt
element. Battery, battery power supply, misc 12 volt lighting, and 120 volt
lighting. 12 volt water pump. It's 33 feet, but I guess there could be a
need if you were on the move. I bought it, and will never move it, unless I
win lottery.

I have various equipment manuals, but don't have the trailer manual, just a
simple flyer.