Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Quiet low profile ceiling fan?

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
"hr(bob) " wrote:

I used a dropped/suspended style fan, but directly mounted it to the
ceiling to get the clearance I wanted. Took a little figuring out how
to do it, but if you're at all mechanically inclined it should not be
a big deal. The only negative is that now any fan noise is directly
connected to the ceiling.

I should have mentioned that I cannot install a fan. I will have to
have it installed. I do not have a ceiling light in my bedroom. I
do have an attic above the room.

I think that Home Depot installs fans. Does Lowes also install
fans? I very much want a remote controlled fan.

I notice that Lowes does not list the fan height of their Harbor
Breeze fans.

So far, I have only found one Home Depot Hampton Bay ceiling fan
that is low profile. Their Hampton Bay Hugger 52 in. White Ceiling
Fan Model # AL383-WH is listed as Distance from Ceiling to Bottom of
Fan (In.) 12.99. It is $34.97 Each and does not include a remote
control.
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her

My cat sits on me so that I don't go anywhere until I feed him.
--
EA