Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Building Scene

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
John Rumm writes:

On 28/09/2012 08:40, David WE Roberts wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 25/09/2012 12:28, David WE Roberts wrote:
One of the joists which came out of our old kitchen extension had a
Building Scene paper label on it.

Now the name rings a bell but I can't remember if it was a shed like
Texas or a precursor to Jewsons and the like.

GINMF

Anyone remember them?
Erm, no - sorry.

Possibly before your time? ;-)

Perhaps - unlikely to have much awareness of retail brands
prior to the early 70's I guess...

Either that, or they were regional.

There was one in Cambridge (on Mitchams Corner, where Staples
is now), must have been mid 80s.

Yes. That's the one I remember.

It wasn't too bad. Basically a shed - usual stuff. Woodchip wallpaper,
packflat bookshelves. Think Ikea.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.