Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Winterizing trailers

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Thanks, that looks like the complete list. I'm not sure if these units have
water heaters, or if they have holding tanks. maybe? Needs a lot more
research. They do have shore power, water hookup, and sewage drain tubes.

Careful to use good quality battery tenders. I had a float charger from
Harbor Freight kill a marine battery, one time. No fun at all.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

When I acquired my old trailer last year, I was getting familiar with it.
In the spring I took out the battery, which was way beyond end of life. I
did not want o put a new one in. Everything works ok so far. I would figure
many trailers have batteries that really need attention if one expects
useful life. The power supply runs the propane heater, misc. Lights, and
the pump. Without battery.

Greg