Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Rubber Protection

BeeJ wrote:

On 27/09/2012 22:32, BeeJ wrote:
I have some rubber components that need protection.
Previously these rubber parts deteriorated probably due to crap in the
air (all I can figure since that is all the were exposed to over years
of sitting untouched). These components are used for light blocking
like on a camera lens and have no mechanical interfaces other than
mounting.

So would using pure silicone spray be best or what?
Spray and wipe off excess leaving a very think film or would it soak in?

Suggstions please.

Thought I'd wandered into the wrong NG when I saw the heading 'Rubber
Protection' ...

Nobody mentioned KY
Not Kentucky.

PLONK