Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Winterizing trailers

On Sep 28, 9:14*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've been asked to "winterize" a dozen or so trailers, at a camp site that
is only used in the summer. The trailers are one or possibly two bedroom,
with water and electric and sewer hook ups.

What are some of the things that need to be done? Is there a check list
online? What does such a winterizing cost?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

I'm sure you know how to use Google, so yes there are checklists on-
line along with YouTube videos and some procedures that are specific
to certain makes and models.

One thing to to keep in mind is that different manufacturers might
have different procedures for their different models. To be completely
confident that you are doing things correctly, it might make sense to
put together a list of the specific models that you will be working on
and get the procedure for each model from a dealer or the
manufacturer.

There are also forums such as RV.NET where owners discuss issues
realted to their trailers and RV's.

Another option is to go to a local trailer dealer (or 3) and asked if
they have a checklist that they give to their customers. I'm sure they
do.

However, in my opinion, I think that having the specific instructions
for each model would be the best way to go. You never know who has a
special valve or something hidden someplace that must be dealt with in
a specific manner. You don't want to get called back in the spring to
fix damage caused by not following the proper procedures.