Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT - Building Scene

On Sep 28, 10:50*am, sm_jamieson wrote:
On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:28:10 PM UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
One of the joists which came out of our old kitchen extension had a Building

Scene paper label on it.

Now the name rings a bell but I can't remember if it was a shed like Texas

or a precursor to Jewsons and the like.

GINMF

Anyone remember them?

Sorry, no.
But anyone remember Unit Sales in Coventry ? There was one near Far Gosford Street and I think another in Holbrooks.
I was wondering who they were associated with.
They seems to be the main Coventry DIY outlet in the 70s and 80s. My dad was always popping over there for nails, paint, etc.
Simon.

Lots of local independents all over the country in those days. I
worked for one whilst at school that was bought out by Ripolin but the
plans for world domination came to nought.

MBQ