Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default More on electric cars.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
essentially the shells are hard carbon steel. The same as the crank
so they wear the crank as fast as the crank wears them.

You have steel shells in contact with a steel crank? I'm not surprised
you need to change things so often.

Are you drivel? they are lead indium plated and that is what does the
wearing UNTIL you hit te steel, when you get crank damage

Perhaps you might read what you wrote. At the top of this post. You don't
need to explain to me what shells are made of. And if you think you don't
get crank wear until the shell backing hits the crank, you're even madder
than I thought.

That last one. Just add tribology to the long list of things that TurNiP is
ignorant of but too ignorant to ever admit it. It does make me laugh that
he calls himself a natural philosopher without having a clue what the term
means.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/