Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28536 Ignoramus28536 is offline

Default Kaeser SX-5 air compressor

On 2012-09-27, Paul Drahn wrote:
Hi, all.
On Site Gas systems is proposing a nitrogen gas generating system for
our selective soldering machines. We are using tanks of medical grade
nitrogen right now.

The proposal replaces our existing air compressor with a Kaeser model
SX-5 AirCenter, 5HP, rotary screw compressor. A refrigerated air dryer
is part of the compressor. Our existing compressor is a 13 year old 4
cylinder Speedair single stage from Grainger. It is rather noisy, even
though I built a sound absorbing enclosure around it.

My questions are does anyone have any experience with the German made
compressor and what type of noise does the screw compressor make?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Paul Drahn, President
Jodeco, Inc.

Your wallet will be making the "I am screwed" noise when you will be
paying bills.