Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Kaeser SX-5 air compressor

On 9/27/2012 2:43 PM, Paul Drahn wrote:

The proposal replaces our existing air compressor with a Kaeser model
SX-5 AirCenter, 5HP, rotary screw compressor. A refrigerated air dryer
is part of the compressor. Our existing compressor is a 13 year old 4
cylinder Speedair single stage from Grainger. It is rather noisy, even
though I built a sound absorbing enclosure around it.

My questions are does anyone have any experience with the German made
compressor and what type of noise does the screw compressor make?

No direct experience, no, sorry. But--

http://www.kaeser.com/Images/P-651-0-ED-tcm8-6759.pdf

I don't see a SX-5 Aircenter but a 4 kW Aircenter 6 is listed at 61 dB.
But, perhaps there's a US set as well I don't know.

I'd recommend contacting the Kaeser rep directly if you can't get all
the data you want/need from OnSite (that would make me consider another
vendor or at least pull their chain).

HTH...