Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news12paul@moo.uklinux.net is offline

Default door widths - too narrow?

Owain wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:54*pm, wrote:
I'm considering putting narrower doors on my 2 bedrooms. They
are currently 762mm (30in), but making one of them narrower
(686mm, 27in) enables a much better use of space in the back
bedroom; thus to keep them matching I should probably change
both (the doors are near each other).

Could you replace the door with a door + a bolted flap that can be
unbolted if/when you need the full door width, but furniture etc can
go across the flap in normal use?

Or even half doors or bifolds.

Thanks for all the comments, even if there was rather more about
part M and less strident opinion about narrow doorways than I
expected :-)

Latest idea - sliding doors, which don't encroach on the room at all.
Not sure about their use for bedrooms, though.

--
Paul