Posted to alt.home.repair
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default strap antenna mast to chimney ??

wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:02:38 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

I am looking at putting up a Digital TV antenna on the outside of the
house

Because the outside is brick, I can only see 2 solutions for the mast
1) Tripod base on roof
2) Strap mast to brick chimney

Is strapping a mast to the chimney a viable solution
If so, what is the best way to do it ?

This was common on older homes, and worked well as long as the chinmey
was solid. However, you may be in for a shock if you have a newer home,
because most new homes no longer have a chimney. Modern furnaces only
need a pvc pipe venting out the wall to get rid of exhaust.

Solid brick chimney, going all the way down to the basement, built in 1953.