Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] docsavage20@yahoo.com is offline

Default Where would I find a pot (rheostat?) to replace the twist control ina joystick?

Took apart a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D joystick to see if I could do anything about the responsiveness of the yaw/twist control.

The piece that controls this is a pot or rheostat (please advise of the correct name) - the axis of the piece mounts to a center rod inside the joystick handle, has a nib on one end that fits into a slot in the handle structure that's responsible for rotating the piece. It seems that it only ever sees a small portion of its potential travel - wondering if I can find one that has a "quicker" response - i.e. will change the voltage more with less twist.

Any idea where to get pieces like this might be a match or close enough to be retrofitted?

Thanks.