Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the worst home repair you've ever encountered?

I'd dare to guess, if you post the name and phone number of honest
electrician, he'll have more work than he can handle. Post also on Angies
List and Craigslist.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"rlz" wrote in message

I'm pride myself on being a DIY person. A few years ago, I decided to
build myself a 20'x20' workshop form the ground up.
Everything was going well until I got to wiring the interior
electrical outlets with a GFI breaker. Everytime I tried to use an
outlet, it would trip the GFI breaker. I'm not an electrician, so
after about two days of dinking with with problem, I called in an
electrician. The guy came out and within a minute showed me my error
in the breaker box. It was a simple thing that I overlooked. He
didn't even charge me for the service call. I learned that sometimes
its better to have an expert look into an issue, then to waste time
with it. I also learned more about CFI breakers.