Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster

Default Tin Can Fire Pot version 0.1, casting pewter, ladle, burner, grate

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 8:27:34 PM UTC-4, DGoncz wrote:
On Monday, January 23, 2012 3:54:42 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:29:06 -0800 (PST), Doug Goncz wrote:
I went to a snuggle party at my 3rd girlfriend's, met a woman, and
slept with her. While my girlfriend slept with two other guys. On
mattresses, in front of a fire, snoring. Not that kind of slept, get it? Just happy times. It was great!

A what?????

A fire. We slept on mattresses and sofa cushions in front of a fire in a fireplace at the snuggle party. .... It's getting there. Doug

In the quart version, the center hole fits the Sierra stove fan neatly. In the pint version, the center hole fits a nosepiece made from a 24 ounce Arizona tea can, over a 5V or 12 V computer fan (a chip cooler tubeaxial fan), and that gets mounted in one of the same series bowls. The inner pot is redesigned with bottom holes, making it present in the kit in quantity two, once as said inner fire pot, once as the spaghetti strainer option. Any number of cooking or boiling or serving bowls fit on the base. The fan goes in the inner bowl.

It's coming along.

I did lap the compound slide and added stops for the center punch. Now, if the belt allows, I'll run the lathe at minimum 36 rpm, and add a detent ring to stop the rotation at 36 locations, to build a good rhythm for production of center punched bowls for drilling.

I may dado the alumium carriage and glue up a rail I made from extrusion flush with the surface instead of sending it out, or buying a copy, and milling a t-slot. The rail is dadoed 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/8 wall rectangular aluminum. This lets the compound be positioned for the various center punches faster.

I have until January before I lose my provisional patent rights, and if someone else applies before I do, the new law is they get it. There is no more true inventor dispute available. First filer is the rule now.

Doug