Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Andy Champ
scribeth thus
On 24/09/2012 20:25, tony sayer wrote:
So then its dissipating under full throttle 300/400 kW?, Surely not?..

At full throttle it's probably a bit more efficient. So 200/300kW.

Surprising isn't it!

Andy

Yes very. I was standing near a 25 kW load bank for a generator test and
that was bloody hot and throwing out a -Lot- of heat. Now my olde motah
when doing say 100 MPH odd, perish the thought here in the UK, will be
dissipating several times that?..

Anyone got a really good graphical representation of the power
consumption/ load/ and output of a modern day IC engine at all?..

not handy..there are some interesting graphs and articles on the
internet tho I came across when researching the thorny question opf
'what is speed that gives the best mpg' which comes out as 'it depends'

Somewhere between 25 and 70mph seems to be the answer :-)

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.