Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

Default strap antenna mast to chimney ??

"Atila Iskander" wrote in message
I am looking at putting up a Digital TV antenna on the outside of the house

Because the outside is brick, I can only see 2 solutions for the mast
1) Tripod base on roof
2) Strap mast to brick chimney
Is strapping a mast to the chimney a viable solution
If so, what is the best way to do it ?

As others have said, using a chimney mount is quite easy, and secure if the
chimney is in good condition. I've used them for decades at several
different houses. If the masting is over 10 ft. and/or the antenna is large,
it's best to guy the masting. I just installed a new chimney mount on my
current house and bought a Channel Master 3080 chimney mount kit which has
heavy duty brackets and 12 ft. long straps. I got it for $15 from
Amazon.com. Some kits have straps that are only 6 feet long so measure your
chimney before you buy.