Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5080 Ignoramus5080 is offline

Default Federal heavy vehicle use tax (heavy haul tax) form 2290

On 2012-09-25, dpb wrote:
On 9/25/2012 12:30 PM, Ignoramus5080 wrote:

Everything went fine, no fishtail

But was the rear axle under the load limit if you'd gone across a scale?

I did some math in my head, and I believe that it was under the limit,
yes.

It'll take all your profit for the whole load likely if not...just a
cautionary note as it surely looks iffy in the pitchur...

Don't know IL and I'll presume you didn't take that as a long haul but
TX gets you for the county in which you're stopped and then they
backtrack and add it up for every county thru which you've passed...

So, say, my rear axle would weigh 40,000 lbs at a scale, as an
example. If so, how much the fine would be in the area that you are
familiar with?

I believe that the rear axle was 8k from the trailer, plus 15k from
the shear, plus 8 or so K from the other stuff.