Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Federal heavy vehicle use tax (heavy haul tax) form 2290

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:00:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/25/2012 7:56 AM, Ignoramus5080 wrote:

It was not overweight, the stuff on it was mostly light, with the
exception of the shear on the back.

I was wondering if that load arrangement w/ the shear on the ass-end
like that might not have caused an axle limit problem, though...

Yeah, I know the shear is heaviest. If he's loading it that far back,
that's telling me something down in the belly had to be just as heavy
for him to offset the weight and get some of that shear behind the
trailer axles. The big cylinder looks like a vertical boiler.

Because you sure the hell don't want to load it tail-heavy and unload
the tongue/fifth wheel - or the tail tries to wag the dog.

And in something that big, a fishtail is going to scatter the entire
load across all 8 lanes /real/ fast - I don't care how much chain you
use and how heavy the binders, it ain't gonna be enough.

-- Bruce --