Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default strap antenna mast to chimney ??

Atila Iskander wrote:

"chaniarts" wrote in message
On 9/24/2012 6:02 AM, Atila Iskander wrote:
I am looking at putting up a Digital TV antenna on the outside of the
house

Because the outside is brick, I can only see 2 solutions for the mast
1) Tripod base on roof
2) Strap mast to brick chimney
Is strapping a mast to the chimney a viable solution
If so, what is the best way to do it ?

you can get a strap kit at home depot. unless you're going through
hurricanes frequently, they're just fine if the chimney is in good shape.

Thanks
Not yet sure it's going to be a permanent install.
But the Chimney is in good shape and is actually a 3 chimney stack -
Furnace + 2 fireplaces.

Attic space not an option or eaves mount?
How big and heavy is the antenna?
There are various hardware kits available at places
like RS.

=
(m'