Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Table saw on 220 vs 110 volts

Still working on cobbling together the best of four Craftsmen table saws. Biggest motor I have is an old (heavy) 3 hp outboard motor on one of the saws. I can wire it either for 220v or 110v. The only difference I see is that I could possibly put a smaller gauge wire into my conduit if I run 220v.. I have both wire (10 & 12 awg) and 20 or 30 amp breakers. I should obviously run the heavier wire with a 30 amp breaker for future loads.

Question: Does the motor care? Is there a preference?

Thanks for all the in put.

Ivan Vegvary