Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default The new postal worker

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 09/22/12 08:28 am, George wrote:

...drove past our cluster mail box three times today.

He was speeding on our street and completely missed his stop. No mail
today since he whizzed by just before 6:00 p.m. on his last attempt to
deliver mail. Four tries, nah?

What a hoot.

We have fill-ins that don't close the MB lid. Of course it's always when
it's rainy.

Even the regulars don't do that anymore. I also asked the regular one
day why the mail is usually folded. He said they are allowed to only use
one hand so if more than an envelope is involved they will fold it say
inside the flyer for carpet cleaning or whatever else came that day and
not close the lid.

Ours (two of them recently) always close the mailbox lid, and I have
never found regular mail inside the advertising material. Maybe different
supervisors make different rules.

Perce

I get letters in folded advertising, but it seems the thing to do.

I once went on a post office job testing. Two hard days. Was for
electronics job. Out of the 600 of us, I came in 50 . I got offered a
position, but I was not going to change my living location.

Greg