Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Alkaline Battery Leak Cleanup

"John-Del" wrote in message ...
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:46:50 PM UTC-4, BeeJ wrote:
What is the best Alkaline Battery Leak Cleanup (AA Copper tops) method

for the metal contacts that were exposed to the battery leakage?

Some contacts are easy to get to and some are not.

Chemical to use? Or ?

Believe it or not, plain old H2O works better than just about any solvent you can try.

This is a timely posting, BeeJ. I have had 2 alkaline batteries show up leaking this year -- first time in 40+ years I have ever seen one leaking. One was inside a clock and the other in a camera.

I wonder if the standards have changed lately? I don't recall what brand these were, but they were name brands and bought at different places.