Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Multifunction/oscillating pwr tool

David Billington wrote:
Steve W. wrote:
Existential Angst wrote:
Here is an ebay item 260997084369 of the type, the tool driving disk has
four pins and the tools have multi positional slots to match.
C+
Dayum, do all these makes/mfr's actually make their own multitool, or
are some/most simply putting their label on a generic unit?

Most are rebadged. Once they started catching on everybody started
selling them.

Fein, Dremel, Milwaukee, Bosch are different, Most of the rest are the
same basic tool with cosmetic changes.

The only thing I have noticed is the high dollar tools are a bit
quieter in use.

I would agree with that for most of the cheaper end products. I went
into a local DIY store in the UK once and out of interest looked at the
power tools and they had the shop brand "Homebase", Challenge brand, and
Bosch. The store brand and Challenge looked identical in all details
apart from the decals and the colour of the mouldings so I assumed came
from the same maker in China with a livery to suit the vendor.

I have wondered who it was who decided to take a bone saw and turn it
into a homeowner tool....

--
Steve W.