Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Printed Pole Motor

Tim Wescott fired this volley in
:

Also, it was suggested that since the poles could be re-written as the
motor ran, there could be theoretically non-integer numbers of poles
around the rotor, as they could be dynamically printed to match the
required speed.

Google cannot find any information on this...

Did I forget the actual name of this class of motor?

Sounds wacky; I've never heard of it.

I remember that. It came out as an article in Popular Science or Popular
Mechanics somewhere between the 60s and 90s, though I cannot put my
mental finger on when.

I don't think the concept ever made it to production, but the prototypes
seemed to work.

LLoyd