Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 23, 5:30*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:
It's not toxic at all.

Steve, I don't always know what I'm talking about. *But this time I do.
JFGI.

In this instance you don't. If you think that CO2 is a toxin then no
doubt you consider water, nitrogen, argon, helium, oxygen, xenon, neon
to be toxic.

And the carbon particles in diesel exhaust are carcinogenic.

No they aren't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18415532

Try reading the article. I agree, diesel exhaust causes cancer. Diesel
exhaust also contains particulates. There is no evidence that the
*carbon particles* in diesel exhaust cause cancer.

Diesel exhaust contains 3-nitrobenzanthrone, a powerful mutagen and a
fiarly unique signature of diesel exhaust. That is a much more likely
cause of cancer from diesel exhaust than the carbon particles in the
exhaust.

You, and others, seem to be reasoning as follows:

Diesel exhaust causes cancer, diesel exhaust contans carbon particles
therefore carbon particles cause cancer.

Association does not imply causation.

By your logic since diesel exhaust contains nitrogen then nitrogen must
cause cancer.

There have ben three or four links from several people confirming
that carbon nanopartcles from diesel exhaust causes lung cancer.
So this shows your dementia is well advanced.