Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default [LONG] Another switching PSU question...

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 17:32:32 +0000 (UTC), John
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I haven't figured well, yet, AVS10 kit behaviour.

DC values are around 150 V.
I checked R1 (exactly 1MOhm) and I changed, just to be sure again.
Can't identify still R2, the scheme differs.
Removing R2, I should have no Vm: I found 4V, so the PSU circuit differs from
the datasheet typical one.

IMO you should not be experimenting with R1 or R2. This potential
divider senses the line voltage. If you make the AVS10 believe that
the line voltage is 110VAC when it is fact 220VAC, then you will have
660VDC across the two capacitors rather than 330VDC.

- Franc Zabkar