Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

charles wrote:
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
charles wrote:
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:

[Snip]

I have!!!! Mandatory and advisory are not the same thing.

....... 314.1 Every installation shall be divided into circuits,
as necessary, to: (i) avoid hazards and minimize inconvenience in
the event of a fault ...

That, I believe, to be the key point. If there is only one RCD
hazards will be created.

I don't believe there is much of a hazard with only one RCD but
there is an inconvenience.

Not an electrical hazard, I agree - but if all the lights go out
when it's dark, there is likely be a hazard in the occupant
negotiating their way to the CU.

ELECTRICAL HAZARD!!!! Being in teh dark IS NOT an ELECTRICAL
HAZARD!!!!

never said it was. But it's still a hazard

You group all hazards into one group. That is why you are confused and why
many installations are over engineered with greater cost.