Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

Tim Watts wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
charles wrote:
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:

[Snip]

I have!!!! Mandatory and advisory are not the same thing.

....... 314.1 Every installation shall be divided into
circuits, as necessary, to: (i) avoid hazards and minimize
inconvenience in the event of a fault ...

That, I believe, to be the key point. If there is only one RCD
hazards will be created.

I don't believe there is much of a hazard with only one RCD but
there is an inconvenience.

Hooray!! You are getting it.

But it causes inconvenience. Reg 314.1 (i) applies

It does not. I have explained that in another post.

If your lamp blowing takes out your home ECT and IV meds machines,
it's inconvenient for the rest of us having to listen to your babble.

Ken Dodd eat your heart out.