Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

Doctor Drivel wrote:
ARW wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
charles wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
charles wrote:
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:

[Snip]

I have!!!! Mandatory and advisory are not the same
thing.

....... 314.1 Every installation shall be divided into
circuits, as necessary, to: (i) avoid hazards and
minimize inconvenience in the event of a fault ...

That, I believe, to be the key point. If there is only
one RCD hazards will be created.

I don't believe there is much of a hazard with only one RCD
but there is an inconvenience.

Not an electrical hazard, I agree - but if all the lights go
out when it's dark, there is likely be a hazard in the
occupant negotiating their way to the CU.

Similar to an MCB tripping when a bulb pops then? :-)

So all lights should have their own individual circuit then. Duh!
GU10 lamps trips MCB when they blow. Must be split!!!!!! Yep.

Where machinery is involved then there are hazards if the lights go
out.

What lathes do you have in the kitchen?

None. But I do have a concrete mixer in the kitchen.

--
Adam