Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Any inexpensive Dew-Point Monitors for air lines?

Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) wrote:
I start looking, and the cheapest way to see if the Refrigerated Air
Drier is actually doing anything is going to run about $750 for the
Extech monitor probe w/ display, and a power supply for it.

Or I can wait for the hoses to start spitting water - Or worse, the
air ratchet or paint gun... But by then the damage has been done.

Is there a Cheap & Easy way to watch this? There are the old "Magic
Eye" refrigerant sight-glasses that turn blue, but they are NOT meant
for compressed air use.

Or has anyone seen one of the dew-point sensors at a surplus outlet?

Next stop after that, a molecular sieve for Nitrogen generation at 100
PSI for less than $2K. This stuff isn't Rocket Science - Wellllllll,
it is, but it shouldn't be. But if they keep it obscure, they keep it
expensive.

-- Bruce --

Don't kill yourself. You can run the air through the RAD and tack a
simple separation unit
on the outlet as well. Also doesn't hurt to run a roll filter in front
of the RAD to keep the crap out of it.

Like this type.
http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/m... ory_Code=FAR

I run two of these, one on the paint line and one on the inlet to the
plasma.

--
Steve W.