Posted to sci.electronics.repair
supervinx[_2_] supervinx[_2_] is offline

Default [LONG] Another switching PSU question...

I tend to troubleshoot by looking at critical points. You SHOULD have
1.4 x your AC input voltage across the series electrolytics if the AC
input is in the range of 200 - 240 volts, 2.8 x the AC input voltage if
the input is in tha range of 100 - 120 volts. For a nominal AC input of
120 VAC I would expect about 165 VDC across each cap, 330 VDC across the
pair.

PlainBill

On one capacitor there is 156V, 165V on the other, and it should be correct ...

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer