Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Help you with ?

"john ryan" wrote in message
These call centres you get through to these days often end up with asking:
"Is there anything else i can help you with"? I usually say can you come
around and mend my washing machine.

Usually I get a laugh at the other end and the voice seems to cheer up a
bit. Sometimes they think i'm a nutter and actually explain they cannot
provide that service.

Any other amusing responses to being asked that same old boring question
that people use or can think of?

Not a call centre, bod knocks on the door -
How are you today?
Fine, what are you selling?
I'm not selling anything
Ok, i'm just having my dinner, d'you mind if I carry on with it?
No, would you like me to call back later.
Not particularly.