Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default The new postal worker

On Sep 21, 9:52*pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message

...drove past our cluster mail box three times today.

He was speeding on our street and completely missed his stop. No mail
today since he whizzed by just before 6:00 p.m. on his last attempt to
deliver mail. Four tries, nah?

What a hoot.

If the USPS could have figured out some way to have Chinese, Indian and
Filipino workers do the job, they would be doing it and we would be in real
trouble. *I've gotten my mail as late as 7:30PM on somedays. *I guess
they're proving the "gloom of night" part of the postman's creed - "Neither
rain, nor sleet . . ." *I'd rather get it at 7:30PM than have a carrier
stack it up in his garage as many have done in the past when they felt
overworked. *(-:

--
Bobby G.

No, not at all... What you are experiencing is
the impact of a shrinking workforce dealing with
an ever expanding number of customers in the
delivery area...

Some postal workers end up doing two routes
per day because they finish their "assigned"
route and go back to sort and deliver another...

Since this pool of workers is made up of
those who are able to finish their own area
early and volume fluctuates it is not always
the same carrier delivering to those routes
designated as "seconds" from day to day...