Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

In article ,
reeveer wrote:
When I remove the earths from the kitchen/bathroom RM, the RCD will stay
on, but as soon as I touch either of the RM earth to the earth busbar,
it will trip the RCD. Also, I can leave the RM earths in and remove the
Neutral RM cables and it will be fine...but as soon as I touch the RM
neutral to the busbar, it trips. All connections are fine... to the
correct busbars, etc.

I'd guess at an earth to neutral short somewhere.

I'd disconnect a socket somewhere in the middle of the ring including the
wiring, and disconnect one earth at the CU in turn. That should isolate
which half of the ring is the problem. Then go through the sockets in that
half one by one.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW