germish germish is offline
Junior Member

Well it appears that either nobody bothered to read or that nobody knew what to look for. But if you have a look at the box you can quickly spot the name EINHELL. Now EINHELL is a German Toolmanufacturer who is not well know. They have been making tools for DIY chains, for Aldi and by the look of it for Lidl too.
While I doubt that these days these are made in Germany I am not concerned about it if they are made elsewhere as they still will be made with the same thoroughness and quality controls one expect from a German manufacturer.
As long as the management is German, it really does not make any difference if they are made in China, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, England or Germany.
What you want to be aware of are product which are made by a Chinese managed company. Quality is about the thoroughness and pride you put into your product. This can only come FROM THE TOP, were all decisions on material used, time per unit allowed and quality levels are made as well as what to pay for the right staff to do the job. The staff will always be as good as they are asked to be.
When I read this word all my concerns have disappeared, and Lidl warranties are pretty good. Just keep your receipt for 3 years and if possible all the packaging boxes. If something would go wrong you can often get your money back in full or get a replacement. Sometimes this is then a newer advanced model.
Anyway back to EINHELL. While they make tools for others (who doesn't of all the other brands too) they also have developed their own brand. And sure enough you can find the "Lidl" compressor in the EINHELL range.
http://www.einhell.de/de_en/shop/380...200-24-of.html Air Compressor BT-AC 200/24 OF As you can see from both photos it's quite a match to the one offered by Lidl.
BTW it also for sale at Amazon for £99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-Litr...m/B001EX2UJG/2 and also branded Draper for the reduced price of £118.82 as RRP is £143.56 also at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-76113...xp_grid_pt_0_2

Don't we just love to get ripped of by our own British companies and to get the fair deals from German companies. Can't help to wonder who our real enemies are.

Btw. On Money they have an Airbrush compressor on sale, nice and small.
LIDL Great Britain - lidl.co.uk for £39.99
I will get one of these for fun and small jobs. It should be able to do the small jobs for which I don't want to use the bigger one.
After all...If you don't maintain them as good as possible, they soon become useless as springs in valves start to rust, this causing the tank not to hold pressure and the compressor to run unnecessary. Before you know it you'll be throwing it away.
It needs to be stored in a dry place with little temperature variations. After every use condensation must be drained off.

Last edited by germish : September 22nd 12 at 12:54 AM