Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinion

dadiOH wrote:

No, we got stuck with it because masses of voters wanted "gimmees" as
long as they came from the pockets of someone else.

I disagree. I believe we got stuck with all that crap because people who
should have known better fell prey to the notion that if they embraced all
of these new ways of thinking, that they were "enlightened". Anything to be
different from the ways that our predecessors were. Anything different was
enlightened and anyone who held fast to old thinking was antediluvian. Hell
you can see that right here in this group. Those people fell into line with
the new thinking because they feared being labled as old fashioned and
unenlightened. So - they did stupid things like vote for "hope" when there
was nothing more to that platform than the word itself. And "change". They
did not even have a hope they could articulate, which could be accomplished
by a government, nor did they even have a definition for change and why that
change would be better. Stupid people is what got us here.

--

-Mike-