Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disconnecting Generac Generator

On Sep 21, 7:17*am, George wrote:
On 9/20/2012 1:06 PM, John F. F. wrote:

Hi All,
We are disconnecting and removing a 10kw generator. There is an
automatic transfer connected to the main panel isnide the house. *Is
there anything that must *be done after disconnecting *the outside cable
and low voltage connector that are in the disconnect box mounted on the
outside of the house except locking it. *Thank you.

What is the reasoning for leaving the transfer switch in place?

Probably because it's a lot more work to take it out and by
leaving it there another generator could be installed
someday if one chooses. I wouldn't take it out either.