Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

harry wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:01 pm, tony sayer wrote:
So to RELIABLY make a trip of 30 miles there, and 30 miles back EVERY
DAY harry will meed 800 sq meters of panels. And of course, that's only
if he travels at night and charges by day.
The cost will be a little bit shy of a million quid.
Of course in summer he will simply throw the power away, because there
is no way he can use it.
In summer he might generate 80 times as much.
When no one needs it or wants it.
--
Ineptocracy
diminishing number of producers.- Hide quoted text -

Well suggest some workable reliable ones then Harry, and don't bother
with Solar I've been working outside all this week and the amount of
sunshine.. Well wouldn't power a dolls house let alone the few delivery
lorries we've had here...

And the wind .. lets ignore that so whats left?..

--
Tony Sayer- Hide quoted text -

I think Iknow exactly howmuch electricity a PV array generates. How
would you know as a non-owner?

That's quite easy harry.

You measure the incident sunlight, with a meter and using the effciency
figure and size of installed panels, you calculate what a panel that
size would have given, and that's how we can tell when you are lying.

Why are you ignoring wind?

Tidal, Wave, Geothermal, Hydro electric are the important ones
remaining.