Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default some beginner's painting questions

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:13:07 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Some beginner's painting questions:

1) for 8 sq ft do a really need a roller? Or can I stick with a brush?

2) if using a brush, can I dip directly into the can? Or, will
the second time I dip it into the can contaminate the can?

3) do I caulk before or after I paint?

4) water cleanup. Does this mean the hose outside or can
I use the sink inside? (Will it mess up the sink?)

Many thanks,
-T

I can't paint without getting it everywhere. I cover up everything
and it still gets everywhere.

I did see a tip to use a rubber band to take excess paint off of the
brush.