Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disconnecting Generac Generator

On 9/20/2012 12:06 PM, John F. F. wrote:
Hi All,
We are disconnecting and removing a 10kw generator. There is an
automatic transfer connected to the main panel isnide the house. Is
there anything that must be done after disconnecting the outside cable
and low voltage connector that are in the disconnect box mounted on the
outside of the house except locking it. Thank you.

I installed quite a few some years ago and the control electronics are
inside the generator housing. In the transfer switch there are a number
of small cartridge fuses and you should remove those on the control
wires going to the generator. There should be a diagram on the inside
cover of the transfer switch showing all the connections. I'm assuming
it is one of the older liquid cooled 4cyl Turkish Fiat engines Generac
was using about 10 years ago. If it is that model, I have a manual and
could dig it out of my service van and give specific information but if
you can read the diagram on the inside of the transfer switch cover, it
should be a simple job. I'm wondering why you're removing it, is it
broken? O_o

TDD