Dan Oelke

Default Pinging Charles Self

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message ...
Slowhand writes:

I just read your article on fences in the newest wood working mag. Very
nicely done.

And after all these years I thought that biesemeyer was the *only* fence
available.
SH - duckin and hidin g

Yeah, me too at first. I sure wish my copy of that WWJ would arrive. I haven't
seen the piece in print yet and now you and a good friend of mine down in VA
have told me about it.

Charlie Self
"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance
of being right." Thomas Paine

I was just reading that article last night. Great article - probably
the most fences I have seen in a single review.

Only thing was that it left me wanting more. I'm not a "align it to
0.001" kind of guy - but I would like to see some objective
measurement of the different fences as to how well they remain
parallel across their movement. Also something about how well they
hold parallel when the tail end has say 50 lbs of force applied.
Other piece of info I was looking for was if they have a way to adjust
their alignment.

Dan