Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Paint spray guns (air)....

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Well - yes... and no. The airless stuff used to have the advantage of being
able to spray latex as well. Siphon guns suck at that - and not in the
right way!

I used to use a cheap bleeder type gun that came with my compressor
for laytex paint, with good results. I would thin the latex paint with a
2 to 1 ratio with hot water. I painted the outside of an old house one
night. While I was busy painting, other people were pulling weeds and
cutting the grass. It almost caused wrecks the next morning as people
stared at what had been an abandond house for over ten years. It was on
a busy highway, and an eyesore for over a decade. I knew the people
buying it, and offered to paint it, if he bought the paint. The hard
part was constantly refilling a small tank with paint, since I didn't
have a paint tank.

Modern airless are GREAT for stain/latex. I have 3 different guns, two
for latex one for stains. Hoses for different colors and different tis
based on material.
Graco and Titan are my preferred units. Units that can handle 5 gal are
handy. I also have a hopper that attaches to the inlet to allow singles
easier.

--
Steve W.