Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

In article
,
harry wrote:
Well, if you bought an underground tank of petrol and forget the
purchase price, that would provide free fuel too. Until it ran out.
Solar panels failing with time, exactly the same.

I don't have to fill a solar panel with increasingly expensive fuel,
it never "runs out." It is a one off cost.

It will runs out when it fails. As everything does.

The energy it produces
becomes increasingly valuable as time goes by..

Without the subsidies, not a good return on capital.

This is what renewable means, Don't you understand that? It's simple
enough.

I understand what renewable means. You obviously have no understanding of
economics.

If I bought a petrol generator,I would have to buy petrol forever more.

Why would you want to generate your own electricity from a generator? No
mains where you live?

If solar generation were cost effective every single new building would be
fitted with it.

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.