Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tax rates should be returned to their original 1913 levels

On Sep 19, 5:29*pm, Hawke wrote:

I was- *not arguing for a flat tax. *I believe that a progressive rate
is the right thing. *But was just pointing out that Hawke can not
express himself in a clear manner. *He claims he can, but then posts
really silly things as he did. *How he ever came up with the rich
paying a lower rate, when there is only one rate is truly a mystery.

Dan

All you have to do is read up on how flat tax or proportional systems
are regressive. When you can understand how a proportional tax is
regressive and you know what a regressive tax is then you will
understand how the richer people pay a lower rate than the poor in a
proportional tax system. I'm not going to explain it to you. I don't
think you would get it.

Hawke

You idiot. You said in a one rate system, the rich pay at a lower
rate. This is obviously not true. If there is only one rate, it is
impossible for anyone to pay at another rate.

It has nothing to do with whether a one rate system is regressive or
not.

You certainly can not explain it to anyone, as you are just flat
wrong. You do not get it. it has to do with being able to write
clearly.

Dan