Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Truck for $500

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:23:33 -0500, Ignoramus25449

On 2012-09-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus25449 fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, so, you are saying that the engine is not worth that much?
Could I get $2k for it?

No, no! That engine is the workhorse motor for trucks in that class, and
for some of the older 80s-early90s Ford 350 dualies. Every U-Haul JH
truck on the road had one for at least 15 years when I was renting them a
lot. It's a great, strong, long-lasting motor.

I'd bet you'd sell it in a couple of days for $2K in running condition.

LLoyd

This is great! Our plan A would be to see if we can get the truck to
just be a good running truck, easily. If that does not work, which is
most likely, then we will take out and sell the engine with
transmission.

It shouldn't cost much or take much time to replace the master and
wheel cylinders + brake lines. Then you could get $10k(?) for it.
The doors latches might simply need to be lubed to latch correctly.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often