Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default Not home repair, per set ... but voice recording home repairmen question

wrote in message
On Sep 19, 5:09 pm, deadrat wrote:
On 9/19/12 3:44 PM, Bill Graham wrote:

"James Gagney" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:33:24 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Believe it or not, in a few jurisdictions it IS illegal to record a
conversation without both parties consent (California

I'm in California - and I don't see anything in the web that says you
can't stick a recorder in your pocket to record man-on-the-street
conversations.

Do you have a cite?

In any case, it is an unenforceable crime, so I will (and do) break it
regularly. I purchased a Tascam GT-R1 recorder which is small enough to
hide in my pocket, sensitive enough to pick up any and all
conversations
(and music) in the area, and has excellent fidelity. So the liberals
stupid law can't be enforced anyway, and was made to be broken by all
reasonable human beings.

The "liberals [sic] stupid law" is there to protect your privacy and
everyone else's.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know on what basis BG concludes it's a liberal law.
It's a law in a few states. I don't know the history of how those
laws were passed and by whom and I doubt BG does either.
That kind of privacy issue, concerning what someone may or
may not record, could just as well be argued by a conservative
as well as a liberal

So you don't know where and when what laws were passed, but you still assert
that such laws are in force ???
Hello ???
Come back WHEN you can cite ACTUAL law to support you claim to be somewhat
credible.