Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default When yellow glue goes brown ...

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , Arfa Daily
escribió:

Ah. So are you saying that it's not in fact IPA that you are using ?

Yes, apologies. I have both IPA and the above stuff on my bench. The
'stuff' is what works to get rid of the brown goop.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

OK. That makes sense then, Mike. I thought I wasn't going mad ! I use a lot
of IPA, and I was certain that it didn't touch the yellow glue. Seems like
the stuff from RS that you are using, acts on it in much the same way as the
Servisol 160 - that is that it sort of softens it to 'marzipan', and breaks
its bond to whatever it's stuck to. Not perfect by any means, but better
than trying to just pick the stuff off ...

Arfa