Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default PEX for refrigerant

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
I don't know about PEX, but some plastics will let gas pass through it.
The

2 liter and like Coke bottles will let the co2 out. If you look at a
bunch
of them in a store, some will seem to have more it them than others. The
ones that look fuller are the old ones.

That's a joke I hope. Or do you really think water is a compressible
liquid....

No , no joke. I just retired from a company that made the polyester that
was shipped to the companies that make the plastic bottles.

No Water will not compress. The plastic streaches. When there is a lot of
co2 gas pressure, the sides of the bottle expands outwards, so it is
slightly wider. The liquid flows outward so it looks like there is less in
the bottles. As the coke looses gas, the sides of the bottle go back in and
make the bottle have a slightly less diameter. If you do not believe this,
buy a new 2 liter cokes that look the emptiest and one that looks fuller,
then let them sit aroud a week or two and compair again. Also compair the
taste of two , one being much more fuller looking than the other.

That is why there is no or almost no plastic beer bottles, the beer goes
flat too quick.